On December 17th 2011 we became husband and wife. We were blessed to have family & friends rearrange their December holiday plans to join us traveling from Canada, Florida and Northern California.
Of course no wedding goes without some memorable moments.
- During the rehearsal Joanna with her business background accidentally shook Robbie’s hand from years of doing this in the business world like she was introducing her self in a business meeting to someone new in the room instead of doing what she was suppose to gently put her hand in Robbie’s hand.
- Robbie forgetting to bring money to pay the Priest and having to scramble for cash at the last minute
- Joanna’s mother proudly taking charge of our wedding licence after the wedding and at the end accidentally, getting it caught in her purse zipper having it deemed invalid and having to phenagle getting city hall to accept it.
- Robbie’s father got up to read a passage from the bible and choked up not being able to finish because he remembered the love he had for Robbie’s mother who passed away a year ago and showed us how much love two people can have for each other and important love in marriage is. This was one of Joanna’s favorite parts of the wedding just because how touching it was. Robbie on the other hand had his back facing to his father as he started to choke up and thought his dad was holding back a big sneeze at first but soon realized once Joanna had watery eyes and the crowd had watery eyes that there was more going on.
- Joanna’s brother with her family prepared a speech not knowing Robbie well and said he couldn’t be happier to have him as a brother-in-law since they share common interest of motorcycles.